Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Military Diet Day 1 Take 2

So yesterday starting the diet so didn't work.  I had a major headache.  It felt like it radiated up from my mouth to beside my eye up and giving me a huge migraine so when my hubby asked me to stop and get KFC for lunch it sounded really good so I got it.  After that I just gave up the diet and had cheeseburgers with the girls for dinner with macaroni and cheese.  So yesterday was a bust.  Eventually my migraine went away and I felt bad for the food choices that I made.  But the only thing I could do is say that tomorrow is another day to start over.  So I did start over today.  We woke up early this morning and went to go workout.  Pumpkin and I started racing each other back and forth across the field.  So I definitely got a workout in.  I was sweating like mad and breathing hard.  When we got back home I had one slice of toast, two tablespoons of peanut butter, and one very small cutie orange all with one glass of iced tea.  Lunch was one can of tuna and a slice of toast with another glass of tea.  Dinner I switched up the usual.  Instead of a turkey burger patty I had a chicken breast tenderloin that I seasoned with pepper and garlic.  I didn't think to weigh it but I am sure it was less than 3 ounces.  It was pretty good and I got to use my new cooker.  Anyway with the chicken I had one cup of green beans, one sliced apple and one half of a banana.  Finally dessert was one cup of ice cream. Breakfast was 286 calories, lunch was 160 calories, dinner was 222 calories, and dessert was 240 calories.  All that made for a day with 908 calories.  My fitness pal yelled at me like it always does when I come in under 1200 calories.  But the bigger point is that I stayed with it today.

I promised you yesterday that I would put a picture on here of my new ready, set, go, express cooker that I got at a yard sale for $2.00.  Here it is:

This shows the two inserts but they both come out and there is a circle flat plate that is bigger.  But the one on here that is the two halves I used this weekend to cook the omelets.  The were delicious and they cooked really well.  The only real problem is that the non-sticky stuff is wearing off.  Also I can make little bites of stuff.  I really want to make stuffed mushrooms in there.  It came with the cook book and I honestly want to make most everything in there. 

I also wanted to post a picture of the cookies we made last week.  These are the firecracker cookies.
We today just finished the last two cookies and by we I mean the girls.  I cross my heart that I didn't have one.  While they were good I was proud of myself for being strong and not over eating them.  So yay me!!! 

Yesterday of our List of stuff to do we made Frozen Bananas.  No pictures because it wasn't really a picture kind of activity.  I cut up the bananas early in the morning and threw them in the freezer so when they were done with their dinner they could have their dessert.  Pumpkin ate all of them, but Love Bug left a little bit in the bowl.  But to be fair she's smaller and I gave her just about the same amount as pumpkin.  Today we went to the library.  We apparently chose the absolute wrong time to go because there was nowhere to park near the building.  Our library has only like five parking spots in front of it.  When we went inside we saw that they were in the middle of some kind of program and there were people dressed as pirates.  But the bad part is that there was a hoard of people in there.  But we toughed it out and the girls played and they each got a couple of books.  I got a couple books on blogging so hopefully soon I will figure out what I should do to get some followers or maybe just a little help to make this blog better.  I also got a book on ribbon crafts and a few other things.  All in all I ended up with like 6 books before I made myself stop.  I really do have a love affair with books.  It's kind of sad really.  I would almost rather read than do anything else.  Which is good right now considering I don't want to get overheated.  The hotter it is outside then the hotter it is in my house.  Inside it's 83 right now at 8 pm inside the house.  It's just the way our house is.  It sucks but what am I going to do about it.  So reading right now is a good thing. 

I will be back on tomorrow to talk about the diet and how it is going.  Talk to you then. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment