Sunday, June 23, 2013

Just Today

Well I didn't weigh myself this morning, however, I will tomorrow and let you guys know how much I have probably gained.  I'm nervous.  I have tried to be good today.  I have had a slim fast shake and a mostly veggie sub sandwich, but I always worry when I am not on the diet.  When I am on it I know I am losing so off I get more nervous.  Today has been pretty uneventful.  My hubby decided to go golfing today which I am okay with because he loves to golf and while it is something that I really don't know how to do it gives him something that he can go and have some guy time and do.  He says that he wouldn't mind teaching me so that we can play together but I am not sure.  I mean not that it wouldn't be good to learn something for us to do together but in a good marriage you need something that the two of you can enjoy separately.  My hubby is very big on family.  He spends as much time as he possibly can with me and the girls.  He only gets to play golf roughly once a month and I don't think that it is too much for him to have a one thing that doesn't have anything to do with me and the kids. 

Anyway, after he left I finally finished making the fourth of July t-shirts for the girls:


I tried to make red and blue almost fireworks around it.  Honestly the pictures don't really do the shirts justice.  I think they turned out really good.  Even if they just wear them the once they were worth it.  Pumpkins shirt will be huge on her but she will be able to wear it a while.  Even for the next year or two.  It was the only shirt close to her size they had at the dollar tree.  It's a small.  Love Bug still has a little bit of the paint left in her hair from a couple of days ago. 

I finally got ahold of my best friend Debra this morning.  She is moving this weekend so it has been next to impossible to get ahold of her.  We have honestly been best friends since I was a freshman in high school when I changed schools when my family moved.  So that would be all of about 16 years now.  There was a group of about 6 of us that hung out together and she and I are the only ones who still talk to each other.  We had lost touch for a couple of years after high school .  She had her oldest son and then I got married and moved away.  But then all of the sudden while My hubby and I were trying to take a mattress up the stairs in base housing all of the sudden I got a call from a mutual friend at the time and there she was again.  Since then We have pretty much always talked.  Although a lot of the time it is hard to get her on the phone and she'll go through times when it will be a month or more before we talk again but we just sit there and pick the conversation back up like we never left it.  We haven't actually been able to see each other since about a year after I graduated high school.  She says she's going to finally be able to visit me in February.  I really hope she does.  I really miss having her around.  Especially when female friends are so scarce around here.  I may have one that I can talk to, but it's different with a best friend. 


This is a pic of all the water balloons that we took outside.  They took forever to fill up but the girls had fun throwing them everywhere.  I picked up some red, white, and blue ribbons from the store today.  I really need to stay on it and make the girls 4th of July hair bows to go along with their shirts.  I am actually excited again I was looking on some websites for ideas and I think I got a few and not just patriotic ones.  Well I'm going to go. I'm getting ready to make stuff for our pizza party. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment