Friday, June 28, 2013

The good and the a little bad

I woke up at around 7am this morning.  I actually slept in but I had a feeling that it would.  At some point after midnight last night we got so much rain, thunder, lightening, and wind that I would have almost sworn that there was a tornado.  It was really loud but I honestly fell asleep through it.  I could sleep through just about everything.  Even when I would fall asleep in the living room so that I would hear if anyone (i.e. my husband coming or from work) came in the door and I still didn't hear him most of the time.  It was just easier to just go to sleep in the bedroom since I didn't hear my hubby come home and if I am sleeping well he won't wake me up to move me.  Which is sweet.  As soon as I came into the living room I heard Love Bug making some whiney noises from her bedroom to let me know she was awake.  I always make sure that her bedroom door is closed at night because if no she would wonder around the house and enevidably end up in either my bed or her sister's and there's no telling what she will get into so it's just easier to go and close her door.  That way she'll get a full nights sleep.  But anyway back to the whole diet and weight loss thing.  I did what I set out to do I lost 0.8 pounds which put me at 239.9.  So right now I am at what I was at the end of the diet last week.  Whatever I lose today will just be extra so I am excited for tomorrow morning.  So that was the good.  The little bit of bad is that since it is Friday and I went yard saling I stopped and got a large vanilla coke zero.  But I don't feel to bad about it.  I have been eating a lot of ice.  And I'm sure it won't add too much.  Breakfast this morning was one small apple sliced, one slice of American cheese I tore into quarters, and 5 saltine crackers.  The calories for that meal was 221.
Pumpkin so wants to be so like me sometimes so she had to have the same breakfast that I did.  But if she is eating better I am not going to complain.  I have really tried with them lately.  I don't want to deny them the right to be kids and have some junk food but I try to limit to only once a day.  Like the day before yesterday they had a chocolate brownie for a snack so I gave them a frozen banana for dessert.  I know it's not going to be perfect but I am going to try.  Lunch was one slice of white bread toast and one hard boiled egg and one slice of toast.  It contained 130 calories and it was obviously a very light meal.  It's the only one I have on this diet that feels kind of small. 

And a plus, no burned toast today and the egg doesn't look as bad as yesterday's did.  After I took the picture I cut the egg up into really tiny pieces so that I would be forced to make more bites so that it would take more time to eat it.  So I only really have one more meal of my diet left. 

We went yard saling this morning.  It was fun.  We didn't get to leave until about 9 am.  But I went to go and get cash and then we started.  At the very first yard sale we found like a huge plastic bottle thing filled with cookie cutters for $2.  There has to be at least 80 in there and they are for all different seasons or no season at all just all kinds of them.  The only cookie cutters I have are Christmas and a few stars.  So I'm excited to be able to make some cookies with the girls that aren't Christmas themed and I don't have to wait until Christmas to do it.  However I want to try to find a recipe that maybe isn't too bad calorie wise.  If not we'll still make cookies but I probably will end up giving most of them away to my in laws and my neighbors.  I also got myself two books.  The Blind Side and Message in a Bottle. I loved the movie The Blind Side and Message in a Bottle was the first movie I ever cried to.  After that all the waterworks seem to spill out anytime someone else cries on tv.  If I see them cry most of the time I am going to start tearing up too.  The girls each got themselves a little toy and a Barbie doll.  That way they didn't come home empty handed when I got stuff.  I still haven't found a smaller kitchen table or a blender but I have been looking. 

I got to Skype with my best friend Debra today.  She just moved so I haven't been able to talk to her much.  Sadly the move wasn't closer to me :( But I'll be okay.  At least she gets on Skype now so we can actually see each other even though I hate seeing my face on there.  I always think I look horrible.  Looking down at a computer isn't the best angle so my hair always looks bad and my face always look HUGE. She texted me pictures earlier and they were really old pictures.  We were in 9th grade.  It was our last day of school and I can't believe I ever went out of the house like that.  There was a group of six of us that hung out together and we were all in it.  But it was so funny to see those pictures that I haven't seen since I was 14.  It's amazing how much has changed.  I mean the only one of us out of the six that are friends are me and her.  Every one went their own way.  I just couldn't believer how different everything was back then and we were the cool kids in our grade. It just brought back a lot of memories. 

I'll be back on later to tell you guys about dinner and about how much fun playing in shaving cream was.  Talk to you guys soon. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment