Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lunch and dinner day 2

Update time!!!  Okay confession too.  I am blonde and so I have a bad memory.  When I went to the grocery store I forgot to get the cottage cheese so I didn't have enough for my lunch today.  So after I my hubby left for work I went to do my running around.  I had a few places to go and I already had a migraine started.  I took medicine and went to return the movies we rented and rented more.  Went to Wally world because pumpkin had to go and spend her own money and get this my little pony doll.  So I finally made it home about two o'clock to eat lunch before I did anything else. Which was one cup of fat-free cottage cheese, one large hard-boiled egg, and 5 salting crackers.  Sadly the food didn't help my migraine.  I just ate my dinner of 2 Jenny-O turkey hotdogs (which my kids love, it's the only type Love Bug will eat), 1/2 of a banana, 1/2 cup of crinkle cut carrots, and 1 cup of broccoli florets.  I'll have my 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream for a few.  In between I picked up the house a little and washed the dishes.  In between we got to make them their fourth of July t-shirts.  Yet another idea from pinterest.  I got white shirts and blue and red fabric paint.  We put their handprints in blue on one side and made stripes beside it with the red paint.  After everything is dry and ready I will post pictures on here.  I took a little bit of the extra paint and put little stars on them.  They turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself and we got to mark another thing off of our summer bucket list.  I spent about a month looking everywhere online for stuff that the girls and I could do this summer so that they don't get bored.  I originally tried to get 100 things for us to do but after about 30 I realized that would be easier said then done.  All in all I ended up with 60 and I realized today that I accidentally put one on there twice.  Oops. Oh well as long as most everything gets done, and we take plenty of pictures of it. 

I yelled more today then I planned to.  I was okay until I asked Pumpkin to help me clean up the soap on the floor that Love Bug spilled when they were washing their hands from the shirt making.  Then she wined about how she didn't want to because her sister did it.  So I told her that I didn't need her help and for her to go and clean her room.  In response she had Love Bug come in here and yell "Bad Mommy" to me while she was whispering in her ear.  So then Pumpkin got into even more trouble for having her sister say something that she knew they would get into trouble for.  I probably yelled more because of my headache and I feel bad for yelling.  I really don't like to do it.  I always wanted to be the fun mom but I also know that sometimes it is necessary to make sure that she knows that there are boundaries and exactly how far she can push them.   But it doesn't stop me from feeling like I am that mean mommy.  It's like no matter what I do I always feel like I'm doing it all wrong.  Either being too tough or too easy on them.  I also feel like I don't do enough for them even if I am on my feet all day I feel like I have been lazy.  Obviously I don't have the best self-esteem.  I can't help that.  I would probably go to therapy if I weren't so cheap and it weren't so expensive. 

On a brighter note I bought us a new toy today.  It's one of those Aqua Balls that you put a water balloon inside and set the timer then throw it back and forth to each other until the timer goes off and pops the balloon soaking the person holding it.  I am so excited to play with that with Pumpkin.  I remember playing with one as a kid and I loved it.  The only problem is unfortunately we don't have a hose outside right now :( so we have to come in whenever we need a refill.  Also we can't get a kid pool or play in the sprinkler or any of the other water activities that sound like so much fun.  I am one who loves the water.  I am self conscious EVERYWHERE except for in the water.  I prefer to swim in the ocean but the pool will do.  I have this friend that I used to work with that invites us over every once in a while to go swimming with her kids in their community pool so it's free.  However we can't get in the gate for it without them so we are kinda at their mercy.  And sadly right now her youngest daughter has gotten chicken pox.  So it will be a little while until we go back.  We have a nice big pool connected to the Community center but it costs $5.00 a person and there is always so many people there and we can't get in the regular pool because Pumpkin isn't the best at swimming yet and Love Bug is still so small I would have to constantly hold onto both.  The swimming kid play area is really pretty cool and now that Love bug is bigger we are going to have to go so she can climb on the jungle gym.  There is also a lazy river that is my favorite but trying to get Pumpkin in an inner tube and then Love bug and me in another one and her to sit still is almost a laughable concept.

Okay enough wining and complaining for now.  Until tomorrow. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment